NEWS: Green Space Health Project Lead job
Centre for Sustainable Health Care are Hiring!
This is an exciting new role and will be part of the NHS Forest and CSH Green Team. The Green Space for Health Project Lead will lead on our Trees Call to Action funded project, expanding the NHS Forest, coordinating bespoke ecological advice to NHS sites, and assessing the NHS green estate to ensure it is being used to its full potential.
- Home-based with monthly travel to Oxford and some travel to sites within the UK
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary: £34,000 per annum
- Fixed term contract – October 2023 – March 2025, with a view to extend subject to funding
Apply by 9am Monday 9th October, interviews will take place on Thursday 19th October.
About the role
The Green Space for Health Project Lead will build partnerships with environmental organisations and healthcare representatives to strengthen the relationship between the NHS Forest and key stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to influence national policy, through attending national policy forums such as the Green Infrastructure Partnership. You will also contribute to the development and delivery of our new NHS Forest and Green Space training courses.
The post requires someone who is effective in engaging others, with excellent communication skills, a good understanding of biodiversity, conservation and nature recovery, a strong commitment to climate action and the ability to get things done.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a programme to facilitate planting 11,000 trees at NHS sites, including liaising with health organisations and tree suppliers, providing advice and information, and monitoring and reporting on programme progress
- Coordinating the delivery of ecological advice on trees and woodlands to the NHS
- Working with NHS Forest advisory board to design and deliver horizon-scanning work on the state of and future of the NHS green estate
- Collaborating with new and existing partners to build the reach and influence of the NHS Forest programme
- Maintaining and update the NHS Forest evidence database, preparing research and policy summaries for the website
- Researching and reviewing relevant documents and contribute to national policy forums
- Communicating about the NHS Forest and Green Space for Health Programme to a wide range of audiences, including giving presentations at conferences, webinars and other events
- Working with the Green Space for Health Director and education teams on developing and delivering Green Space for Health training courses
- Working with the Green Space for Health Engagement, Marketing and Communications Lead to contribute to developing and running the annual NHS Forest conference, coordinating the annual NHS Forest award scheme, and researching and writing news stories, case studies, blogs and other good practice materials for the NHS Forest website and newsletter
- Contributing to the future development of the Green Space for Health programme and the NHS Forest programme, including the development of new projects as opportunities arise
- Contributing to the Green Space for Health team activities and wider work across CSH as required
How to apply
Please see the full job description attached.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience match this role to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
Your cover letter should detail how you fit the Person Specification and be no longer than two pages long. Your application will be assessed solely by how well you fit these requirements and to what extent you demonstrate your experience and/or knowledge of the tasks you will be required to complete as part of the role.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Closing date: 9am Monday 9th October